MBM - Style Arc Olivia dress

So two months ago or so, I bought some Tencel fabric from Spotlight. I made one length in to Style Arc Autumn, but before that I made Style Arc Olivia.

I was after a simple dress that I could wear on summer days spent around the house doing household stuff, but would also look presentable enough  to venture into the shops after I put on some shoes and brushed my hair!
 
Style Arc describes this as an "everyday dress",  which is just what I had in mind.

As far as fit was concerned, as ever, I did an FBA, and lengthened the skirt 7cm. I didn't bother with the optional belt (I never wear belts - I always seem to have to fiddle with them to keep them from riding up and placing themselves under my bust - not a good look. I would just rather not bother).

This was a easy, straightforward sew. The seam allowances at the bottom of the bodice and top of the skirt make up the casing for the waist elastic.  I concur with other reviewers in that the seam allowance  is not really wide enough as drafted. I allowed about an extra centimetre on each piece, and this worked well.

Making it in this plain fabric makes this dress the most basic of basics, which suited my purposes. This pattern would work especially well in some sort of feature print. - there  is nothing in the design to interfere with a pattern really.

I found the Tencel really easy to work with, and have enjoyed wearing it a lot. Light and cool. Love Tencel, need more of it in my life! Two Little Banshees shows this with cardigan and boots, so  I might just have to give this go too as the weather cools down.





Comments

  1. A lovely basic dress that can be dressed up or down, as required. Looks great in tencel. I'm sure this dress will become a workhorse in your wardrobe Paola.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - this dress is a bit of a classic. It'll stand the test of time, I think.

      Delete
  2. You have made two absolutely gorgeous dresses. Casual but oh so chic. I wish I wasn't so committed to stash busting because the tencel looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad thing is Janine, I'm "supposed" to be stashbusting too..

      Delete
  3. Lovely. Simple is sometimes the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous and timeless and nicely styled

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2

MBM - Pyjamas, featuring Tessuti Kate top