Rerun - Grainline Scout Woven Tee, in batik

Even though I should be cracking on with a wedding guest outfit, my Liesl + Co Girl Friday culottes have caused me to veer off the planned course in the quest of tops to go with them. That, and the fact that I’d recently purchased a remnant of batik that I was itching to make up. I love ethnic prints and the colour of this batik was perfect for the culottes.



This is a rerun of the Grainline classic Scout Woven Tee. I’ve made two I’ve written about before here and here.

The batik was a sizeable remnant. I probably could have squeezed some sleeves out of the remnant too, but decided to go with contrast sleeves. The sleeves are from the dregs of a lovely drapey cotton chambray I’ve used here, here and here. I only have shards of this fabric left, but am holding on to them. Even as shards, it is too nice to toss.
There is not much to say about the Scout that I haven’t already said. As the sewing blog world well knows, it’s a great basic, and I’m pretty happy with the fit I’ve developed : FBA, swayback adjustment, bicep adjustment and lengthening all round. I really should investigate making up some long sleeve versions for days in the sun.
 I’m particularly pleased with this batik version with the culottes.  It will also go well with my jeans.

Sydney and Canberra sewists may already know about Loom Fabrics in Bowral where I picked up this remnant. I was in Bowral a few weeks ago, when I stumbled across this relatively new shop. Small, but chockful of beautiful designer fabrics apparently unavailable anywhere else in Australia. The shop has a web presence here, and the owner told me she is happy to mail swatches of whatever takes your fancy.
With Fabric Finesse just around the corner, Bowral is a bit of a fabric destination. But bring your money with you!


 With the Girl Friday culottes. And photobombed. Again.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful piece of fabric you used to make this tee! It is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm pretty happy with this marriage of fabric and pattern.

      Delete
  2. Love this fabric Paola, and the Scout is the perfect pattern to show it off. The sleeve fabric matches in very well too. Perfect top to wear with your culottes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The Scout is such a versatile pattern, and a great blank canvas for special fabric, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Wow. Just Stunning! no more words..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute little top pattern and your print is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous top and the way you have used the print is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all - I appreciate your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want one like this! Gorgeous print. I will revisit the Scout pattern... my initial attempts, in the days before I knew how to adjust for FBA and sway back, were dismal. Thank you for the heads up re Loom Fabrics...will investigate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Scout is a good pattern to try out your fit adjustment skills, for sure. Good luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MBM - Style Arc Avery

MBM - Liesl + Co Gallery Tunic, Version 2

Me Made May 16 - Week 3