-My son set three records at his school swimming carnival - one record had stood since 1993! Go, Cam!
- After many months of looking (a saga I'd rather not go into here), I was finally offered a paying job! Yay!
-I was nominated for a Liebster award by Nicole at The Somnolent Dachshund. (Is there any other kind of dachshund?)
What I understand of the Liebster award is that you answer questions from your nominator, give some random facts about yourself, then nominate blogs with under 200 followers to continue. Seems like a great way to find out about bloggers and investigate new blogs that haven't come into your orbit. Sounds like a lovely idea, so let's get cracking...
Play-by-the rules or rebel?
Used to be straight up and down play-by-the-rules type. That's what being first-born, pretty strict parenting and 13 years at Catholic schools do to you! However now prefer to think of myself as rebel in play-by-the-rules clothing, and becoming more of a rebel as time goes on.
Biggest influence on you today (book/movie/experience.. etc)
Favourite guilty pleasure or reward
The bag of licorice allsorts I keep in the glovebox of my car. Shhh, don't tell the kids!
Advice/comment you'd give to your past self
1. Making mistakes is normal.
2. Don't waste time beating yourself up when you make them. Learn and move on!
Whatever I'm eating next! At this moment that's Ginger Chilli chicken with rice and steamed greens for dinner.
And I have a deep and abiding fixation on Vietnamese food.
5 random facts about myself:
- Contrary to gender stereotype, I am an excellent map reader, and have a good sense of direction.
- I met my husband on a 10 day voyage on the Sail Training Ship "Young Endeavour". He reckons my map reading skill was one of the first things he noticed about me. This is the Young Endeavour, a gift from Great Britain to Australia for our Bicentennial in 1988:
- I take a Size 12 shoe. My ridiculously large feet go with my ridiculously large hands.
- Apart from sewing, I do oil painting - still lifes and landscapes.
- I share my birthday, May 25, with Peggy Olsen on Mad Men!
The lovely bloggers I would like to nominate (and I do hope they don't mind!) are:
Jean from Sew, Jean Margaret
Valerie from Valerie's Own Sewing Blog
Janine from Interrupted Sutures
Andrea from Fabric Epiphanies
And from Tbilisi, Georgia, The Itinerant Seamstress. Surely the sewing blogger in the most exotic location!
I've enjoyed all these blogs. Hope you do too.
Ok, my questions to these bloggers are:
1. What is your greatest achievement?
2. What motivates you?
3. What is number one on your bucket list?
4. You find $100 on the pavement. What do you spend it on? (It doesn't have to be sewing related!)
5. Summer or winter? Which do you prefer?
And don't forget 5 random facts about yourself you are willing to share!